For more information on 8817 Kerns Meadow Ln or to see the Current Price- Click Here
To view the virtual tour of this home please Click Here
Modern Day Farmhouse Offers Peaceful Retreat in Gated Huntersville Community 3 Miles from Shopping, Restaurants & I-485! Surrounded by meadows, evergreens & Gar Creek Conservation Area, this move in ready home includes wet bar w/dbl doors leading to wrap around covered porch, 3 car garage, walk-in storage, hdwds, extensive tile & trim, professional grade appliances, custom cabinets & granite, stone fp, plantation shutters, irrigation & spray foam insulation. Almost 1 acre level yard- Must See!
What the Sellers Say:
Why We Like Living Here and Why You Will Too!
The Things We have Enjoyed Most about Living Here Are:
Kerns Meadow is like a peaceful retreat surrounded by nature and protected from the hustle & bustle. Coming home is like escaping to a vacation home – we can camp under the stars in the backyard, observe the deer, birds & turkeys who visit or host large gatherings on the wrap around porch. When we moved last time, Kerns Meadow was not on our radar but as soon as we stumbled upon it and visited, we knew we were home. The surrounding trees and protected buffers as well as the 4.5-acre meadow in the middle combined with the beautiful custom home and wrap around porch just called to us. We will miss hosting the annual 4th of July party where we start with the adults relaxing on the back porch while the kids play in the backyard and as the night progresses we switch to the rockers on the front porch to watch the fireworks display over the meadow.
We Enjoyed This Particular Floorplan Because:
While you can “get away” right at home, we are in an ideal location for commuting to work, schools, shopping, the airport and throughout Lake Norman and the wider Charlotte area. As parents, we are grateful that our kids can run free, explore, or ride bikes within the private gated community and we have peace of mind they are safe and happy without us having to be right next to them at all times. We were the original and only house in this completely custom home built community for the first 2 years and we have loved being part of creating an oasis in the middle of a growing and sought after area. We know this great community and beautiful home will provide the comfort, peacefulness and joy to someone else that it has given us for the past several years.
- Huge bonus room and additional 200 sq ft. playroom with hardwood floors and skylight
- Spacious open kitchen, breakfast and family area
- Views of nature from large windows and almost anywhere in the house
- An almost acre of land next to common open space & large trees
- Floorplan allows for adults to enjoy time downstairs while children can have privacy upstairs or have friends over and safely play / gather in the bonus; or can gather up or downstairs as a family and have plenty of room
What our neighbors are like:
We have a wide variety of neighbors from 3 couples who have chosen to build their forever homes and retire to the meadow to those with young kids who appreciate and enjoy the natural landscape and safety to those who love to garden and gather. Kerns Meadow is a small community where “everyone knows your name” and where we do community projects together, stroll through the community or relax on the porches.
Some things you may want to know are:
- Surrounded by large evergreens & the Gar Creek Nature Preserve.
- The meadow is beautiful with the wildflowers and prairie grasses that grow – used to be a sought after spot for bride’s to take photos
- Kerns Meadow is part of the great history in Huntersville – it was once a working farm – and we still have the barn that adds to the charm of the community
- Minutes from Birkdale Village, Rosedale, Northlake Mall, the airport, Uptown, 485, 85, 77 and just about anywhere else. The location is such that you have multiple ways to go to avoid traffic at anytime time of the day.·
- The well & septic are easy to maintain and ensure we have great fresh water (free) and is further filtered by a whole house filter and water softener.
- 1 of only 3 gated communities in Huntersville
- Have custom architectural designs for outdoor kitchen & stone living area off back porch (approved by HOA already)
- Custom home originally built by a builder for a family member so high end quality features both structurally and in the finish work
- Granite countertops and custom cabinets throughout the whole house; all bathrooms have custom mirrors
- Upgraded icynene insulation, floor joists and flooring makes the electrical bills minimal for a house this size
- Plantation shutters on windows downstairs and low maintenance but pretty blinds on all upstairs windows; All west facing windows have UV reflective film to keep heat & glare out from sun
- Pot filler in the kitchen over propane cook top
- Upgraded hardwood floors & tile throughout entire first floor
- Wrap around deep porch great for entertaining, relaxing or outdoor eating / living
- Massive walk in storage over 3 car garage with additional storage in attic; Walk in storage could even be finished off for a media room
- HUGE master closet – 19 ft. long – with custom closet system; custom closet systems in all bedrooms
- Carriage style 3 car garage, all single bay makes the house charming and allows lots of room for vehicles and toys of all sizes
- Custom lighting fixtures; undercabinet lighting in kitchen; ceiling fan / prewires throughout house
- Wired for Cat 5 and has an internet booster / repeater built in to make the internet speed quick
- Irrigation system throughout whole HUGE yard; also irrigation for large garden area
- Crown molding throughout all rooms in house
- Guest suite with large private bathroom & walk in closet