Rare Find in New Neighborhood in Old Davidson- 3 Car Garage w/Finished Rec Room Overlooks Common Green Spaces. Move In Ready, open floorplan offers versatile living- 1st floor guest suite features full bath- ideal bedroom, private study or 1st floor play area. Well appointed w/site finished hardwoods, plantation shutters, built-ins, contemporary lighting, granite & tile work. Tech lovers will appreciate the programmable deadbolt locks, Nest thermostats, 1 Gig Fiber available from AT&T & whole house multi-zone wifi system. Covered walkway leads to 3 car garage w/additional private living area & full bath above. Outdoor living spaces inc rocking chair front porch facing town park, rear deck & paver patio overlooking fenced backyard featuring pollinator garden & wooded views. Walk to Davidson College & Downtown Davidson! All info about third floor bonus/ bedroom pertains to the 680 heated square feet above the 3 car detached garage, which referenced in the listing as the 5th bedroom.
From the Sellers- Why We Like Living Here and Why You Will Too:
The things we have enjoyed most about living here are:
– Access to Davidson College X Country Trails (5k/8k loops) – Dog friendly neighborhood – dog park 2 blocks away – Multiple town parks in the neighborhood – (2) Little libraries in the neighborhood for community book sharing – Town parades on 4th of July & early Dec. – Seeds community garden – Annual Oktoberfest neighborhood party – Walking distance to town – Year-round Saturday downtown farmer’s market – Chinese New Year fireworks – Lake activities (kayaking, paddleboarding, swimming) – Whitewater Rafting Center (in CLT- it’s amazing) – Miles of greenway walking – Christmas in Davidson festivities – Easy access to I-77, I-40, and I-85 – Events at Davidson College (Alenda Lux Symposium, Second City Players, visiting Nobel Laureates, Pulitzer Prize Author lectures, sporting events, classical concerts, art exhibitions, theatrical performances, summer camps.) – Summit trivia night downtown – Fisher Farm Park – Great food! – Kindred, Pickled Peach, Fork, Mandlino’s, Toast – Our Town Cinemas (Movies w/food, wine, beer, and captain’s chairs/tables) – Free Summertime concerts on the downtown green – 20 min from uptown Charlotte activities – Close to CLT International Airport
What our neighbors are like:
– Young kids, teenagers, retirees – it’s a great mix of friendly folks. You can be as active in the community life as you wish. Some enjoy socializing, some keep to themselves. – Most adult neighbors are Davidson College faculty/staff, professionals of different fields, or retirees. – In our experience our neighbors have been always friendly. We see people frequently on walks around the neighborhood. – St. Alban’s Episcopal Church at the top of the neighborhood.
We enjoy this particular house/floor plan because:
– Lots of storage! – Open kitchen to the living room, perfect for entertaining. – Rocking chair front porch – Downstairs room can be either a guest room or office depending on needs – Separate 3-car garage allows space for multiple vehicles for families with teenagers/hobbyists – Apartment above the garage could be used as rental income or a home theater. (We used it as a space for guests with young children who wake up early.) – Fenced in backyard is fun for kids & pets – The giant holly bush on the side of the house attracts flocks of cedar waxwing birds in late spring that are spectacular to see
Some things you may want to know are:
– We have planted a pollinator garden- Verbena, Lantana, Borace, Rosemary, Lavender, Thyme, Oregano, Bee Balm, and many more pollinator-friendly plants – Property backs up to a common area – Property faces a town park and is across the street from the current bus stop for kids at Bailey, Davidson, and Hough – The River Run walking greenway loop is easily accessible
– New dishwasher – New garbage disposal – New programmable keypad deadbolts for all exterior doors – Whole house multi-zone Ubiquiti UniFi Wi-Fi system – Smartphone-controlled Nest thermostats in all zones – AT&T Internet service with 1 GIG fiber available – Updated smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers will stay with the property – Updated ceiling fans – Storm doors with sliding glass and screen – Long-range television antenna included – Multi-room speaker system – Whole house intercom – Whole house wired for Ethernet